Well, Saturday was our first field service day. It was pretty active. First we caught the bus to the kingdom and almost missed the group by like 30 seconds. Bro Palacios put the girls in the group with him and his wife. And I went with Mark Alvarado, his wife, Hector Serrano and Virginia (a sister visiting from Germany). But when we get to the territory, the girls and I are reunited. Then Bro Palacios says, 'You three go that way. And me and my wife will go this way.' I was like 'he's sending us by ourselves!' That's exactly what he did. So off we went. I was trying my best to remember the script in Spanish to say we're looking for English speakers that I learned last year. Prayed to Jehovah and rang the first bell. And then the second and then the third and so on. And before you know it, it felt just like service in Houston. With the spirit's help and Kayla and India giving me pointers, my presentation improved. The first person that I was able to witness to was a man in a truck delivering raw chickens to a tienda. I mean he literally had about 30-40 raw, naked chickens sitting in buckets in the back of his truck! I asked him in Spanish if he spoke English and he said he did. So off I went into my presentation using the Would You Like to Know the Truth tract and he accepted it. Of course I told him that I'd put it on the seat of his truck because he had chicken juice all over his hands! The rest of time in service was spent searching for English speakers and avoiding S.D.W.A.'s (stray dogs with attitudes).
But we had a very enjoyable time. We covered about eight blocks! After that, we walked to a sister's house to change as we were going to a gathering right after service. That will be covered in my next post. Adios!
No comments:
Post a Comment